Friday, March 29, 2013

Sewing Adventures!

FINALLY posting the product of my sewing adventures a few weeks ago. I don't sew often... but my mom and grandma both love sewing. I guess my love for crafting is genetic. My grandma taught me how to sew one weekend when I stayed with her on her old black Singer sewing machine, similar to this one:
image source

I think we made a small little purse with a flap closure and I remember she told me not to sew over my finger.

A few weeks ago, I think Pinterest gave me the sewing itch. It was my roommate's birthday, who also happens to be my sorority Big.... So I went to her Pinterest boards for ideas of what she might like. I had lots of options because she has an astonishing number of pins... 7,603 to be exact! I chose to use this tutorial. Mine looks a little different because I added the ties hanging down.






Final Product: A cute pillow and a happy roommate! 
She even recognized that it was from her Pinterest!






2 comments:

  1. Soo adorable! You are a crafting inspiration Megan!

    Your sis,

    Sammi S (:

    ReplyDelete