Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Crafty Weekend!


I had such a crafty weekend! Something I haven’t had time for in a long time!
I have trouble relaxing and resting, trouble not being productive. Crafts are a good balance for me: fun, expressive, and give me a sense of accomplishment.
I took several snapshots of the craftiness this weekend! Here are a few:




I
had to got to go here twice! I had a 20% off your TOTAL purchase, INCLUDING sale items the first trip! The second trip was only because I forgot something but there are worse places to have to return… and I still had my 10% off student discount card! — If you are a student anywhere, ask for one of these!
Pink, black, and white fabric, pins, and an online tutorial..

My grandma’s sewing machine… The one my mom learned to sew on!

Sewing isn’t always my craft of choice… but I did really enjoy making this. All straight lines. Not too difficult. And I cut out the fabric on the living room hard-wood floor while getting to spend time with my parents. Bonus!
I can’t reveal what this fabric creation is yet because it is a gift… But I will share a picture of the final product soon and my other two weekend crafts soon!
We also had beautiful weather! A much needed break from the cold and ice. It seems we haven’t had too much snow but lots of freezing rain lately- So I was excited to be able to wear an outfit like this:


No socks! Rolled up jeans! I even wore a pair of my favorite shorts the next day!
And I loved the walk I took with this sweet 5 year old, my niece!

 We had races (she’s fast!), played “don’t step on the crack,” and jumped across some rocks. Fresh air and great conversation!
Can’t wait for spring and summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment