Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reasons I Blog

The blogging honeymoon is over. It was a fun start, I had lots of ideas, and I experimented with redesigning the basic Blogger template. As the novelty starts to wear off, I thought about shutting down the blog, or at least just not posting. But I had been thinking about blogging for a long time. Maybe I shouldn't give up on it too fast. So I decided to take a look at reasons I want to blog.

Here's what I came up with:


1. Writing has been a constant for me through many seasons of my life. I have journaled consistently ranging from writing about my day to writing of deep feelings. My journal is always with me, and blogging gives me a new platform to write on.

2. I want to begin to share my thoughts. I used to think I had to have my life together in order to share with others. I had to have my exact words planned before I could speak for fear of being misunderstood or saying the wrong thing. But some, or even most, of the best conversations are unplanned. You never know which stumbled-over words are going to have a big impact. 

3. To build relationships with like minded people. Yes, I have many like-minded people in my life and I don't want my blogging relationships to come at the expense of real, in-person relationships. But we have been given the internet and almost unlimited ability to connect with others. We should use it. 

4. To explore a new creative avenue. A new outlet. Design and more writing. 

5. To read other people's perspectives in hopes of broadening my own. 

6. To continue to find my authentic voice and learn more about myself. 



Why do you blog? What keeps you reading blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment