Friday, April 12, 2013

God Will Hold Them: A New Way to Pray

We grow close to people through conversation. We grow close to them by spending time with them. Building a relationship takes time and effort to maintain. Our relationship with God is no different. We need communication with Him. We need to spend time with Him.

Because of this, I recognize the importance of prayer.  But often I feel like I just don't know how to pray, how to form my worries and worship into words. I want to pray for others. I want to pray for the concerns in my heart, but sometimes I don't know what to pray for, what to ask for, what they need. Lately, I have been trying something new when praying for others. Rather than stumbling over words, trying to decipher what they need, and sometimes giving up the prayer all together, I am picturing them in God's hand. It's a powerful picture. God literally is holding them. Holding us.


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
-Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

He is holding me and He is holding the one I wish to pray for. I can release my concerns knowing that they are resting in the hands of the One who controls all things. I don't have to ask for anything, except that God continue to hold them.



Images via Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment