Monday, May 13, 2013

A Blog Redesign!

What I really like about blogging is that it challenges me to learn new things- to stretch myself to try things I never really though about trying before. I have always loved art and creating things so redesigning A Story Unfinished was fun! I was previously using one of the pre-made templates from Blogger, and while this is still a template, I added some more customized elements.

I definitely learned by doing on this one. But I HAVE to say thank-you to some other bloggers who offered some great resources and tutorials!

First, a summary of resources available came from Carolynn an Design It Love It. If you are a beginner at blog design, here is the place that planted the seed in my mind... the seed that maybe I could learn how to redesign my blog!

Second, Carolynn shared a link for a free header at Designs by Dana. So many beautiful headers! I had a hard time choosing! I customized the image with "A Story Unfinished" using Picasa, but Dana suggests Pixlr, which I want to try sometime!

Then I grabbed some Social Media Buttons from Carrie. So many color options! This is something that I have wanted to do for a while- add social media buttons- but it seemed so intimidating. But Christina's tutorial made it so easy!

So thankful that I found this new, unique creative outlet. And thankful for the generous ladies in the blog world who have shared their resources and knowledge!

What do you think of the new design?
Is there anything you didn't know how to do but finally learned? Who helped you most?

No comments:

Post a Comment